What your donation can make possible
- £1600 pays for an individual to participate and graduate from our life transforming Freedom Project
- £150 keeps a van running to pick up donations and deliver furniture for 1 week
- £100 allows us to equip a single person’s home with furniture
- £50 allows us to donate a fridge to someone in need
- £20 pays for a food parcel to feed a family for 5 days
- £10 pays for a food parcel to feed a hungry person for 5 days
- DONATE NOW
Donate by card or Paypal or set up a direct debit
To give us a one-time donation click the button above, you will be taken to a secure giving site which will take you through the process.
JustGiving currently do not have the facility to set up a direct debit if you have a joint bank account, in which case, please download a regular giving form and email it to email@example.com or post to: Communications Department, Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG. Please note that if you are a UK tax payer, and you sign the ‘gift aid declaration’ part of the regular giving form, Mustard Tree will be able to claim from HMRC an additional 25p for every £1 you donate.
You can donate via a text message from your mobile phone. Simply send a text saying ‘ROCK13‘ followed by £1, £3, £5 or whatever you are able to afford to the number 70070. For example, sending ‘ROCK13 £5‘ would result in a £5 donation to Mustard Tree. Text messages are free to send on all networks.
Please only send us a cheque through the post and not cash. Please make cheques out to Mustard Tree and send to Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
Please bring cash donations in person so we can provide you with a receipt at Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
We are always looking to replenish our food store because sadly, we often run low on items as we provide our volunteers and guests a free lunch each day, serve people on the soup run every Friday night and provide food parcels to people who are in desperate need. Whilst the provision of food and drink is essential, we use the various paths mentioned as an opportunity to listen to and befriend those to seek our support. Many of our clients struggle with mental health issues or addictions, so we are able to provide care and support in a practical way to people who often feel marginalised and unappreciated.
If you would like to donate food, please take a look at our essential food items for what we need. At the moment, we are currently running especially low on: coffee, tea bags, sugar, rice, stock cubes and jars of cooking sauce. Please bring food donations to Mustard Tree, 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG.
Rather than tipping items of household goods and furniture, let us help you and the environment. We are committed to reducing the amount of re-usable goods that are sent to landfill across Greater Manchester and will use items that would otherwise be wasted. If you have good quality clothing, bedding, household items, small electrical items or smaller items of furniture that you would like to donate to us, these can be dropped off at either our Ancoats or Eccles branch between 09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday and between 09:00 – 12:30 on Saturdays. For larger items, please contact us on 0161 228 7331 to arrange a collection. We will make the items you donate available at affordable prices to those in need through our shops in Ancoats and Eccles.
- Are the items suitable for re-use?
- Any upholstered items must have Fire Protection labels attached that confirm it complies with the 1988 (or more recent) Furniture and Furnishing regulations.
- All items are collected at the discretion of the Mustard Tree driver.
- Please allow 1 weeks’ notice for a collection to be arranged.
- Clothing and footwear
- Mattresses with a fire protection label attached
- Furniture: wooden, metal and glass items
- Kitchen utensils, pots, pans, cutlery, tupperware
- Electrical items e.g. washing machines, stereos, microwaves, fridges, freezers
- Beds and sofas with a fire protection label attached
- Food and toiletries
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets
- Curtains, bedding and sleeping bags
- Old style CRT TVs (we do accept flat screen TVs)
- CRT TV cabinets or stands
- Single armchairs
- Office furniture (we do take computer tables & office chairs)
- Display units & dressers over 4ft wide
- Dismantled flat pack furniture (we do take flat pack items in the original sealed pack)
- Wheelchairs, including motorised wheelchairs
- Motorised beds with metal frame
- Elevated beds made form flat pack
- Any items containing asbestos
- Second hand duvets & pillows
- Sharp knives
- Bar heaters
- Any chemicals, gas bottles or fire extinguishers
Please note: We now offer a service for house clearances, please call 0161 228 7331 for more details.